P&SR Electric Depot History
The Petaluma and Santa Rosa Electric Railway Depot built in 1917 was designed by Brainerd Jones, noted Petaluma based architect. The Western Sonoma County Historical Society in cooperation with the City of Sebastopol, undertook the restoration of the Depot in the1980’s restoring to near replication of the period of the 1900’s. Completion of the restoration and opening of the West County Museum was in 1993 and opened with an exhibit on the Railroads. The Depot was placed on the National Register of Historical Places in 1996.